1. Use hair dye only as directed without addition of other substances.
ONLY use a plastic bowl, NEVER metal.
2. NEVER add peroxide to hair color. Do not use alkaline products. Low
pH, non-alcohol based products are recommended.
3. For best results, hair should be porous, bleached or tinted. Only partial
or no color action will occur on unprocessed hair. Colors will give a
highlight effect to unbleached dark hair. Conduct a patch test:
a. Select a small test area, behind the ear or inner fold of elbow.
b. Wash test area with mild soap and water. Dab dry with a clean towel.
c. Cover the clean test area with a thin coat of the hair color.
d. Allow the test area to dry. Leave uncovered, undisturbed for 24 hours.
e. Examine the area. If there are any signs of redness, burning, itching
or blisters, do not use the product.
A strand test is recommended to see what the results will be.
a.Shampoo and fully dry the hair. Do NOT use the Conditioner.
b.Select approximately 1 inch strands of hair in a hidden area of your
c.Evenly distribute the hair color to the selected test strands until
it becomes frothy.
d.Wrap the test strands with tin foil to protect the surrounding hair
and let the color process for at least 30 minutes.
e.Rinse the test strands in cool water away from the face until water
f.Dry hair and see the color outcome. It is recommended to Pre-Lighten
the hair prior to using any bright hair color for bright and vibrant hair
color that matches the color swatch on the bottle. Now let's go!
Dye Instructions for MANIC PANIC:
1. Shampoo hair with a pH acid balanced shampoo. Towel dry, leaving hair
2.Wearing plastic gloves, apply petroleum jelly or conditioner around hair
line and on ears to prevent staining skin.
3. Empty desired amount into a plastic bowl (1/2 bottle for short, full
bottle for long)
4. Using the tint brush, begin at the nape of the neck and apply color 1/2
inch from scalp, working evenly to the ends of the hair. Do not apply directly
to scalp. Work upwards through the head of hair making sure to completely
saturate the hair shaft.
5. Continuously comb color thru hair until it becomes frothy, so that it's
thoroughly absorbed. Lighter shades may require more combing to saturate
6. Leave hair color on hair for 5-15 minutes. For resistant hair, place
a plastic cap on the hair and leave on for up to 30 minutes.
7. Rinse hair thoroughly, away from face.
Hair Dye Instructions for SPECIAL EFFECTS:
1. Shampoo hair without conditioning, then dry hair thoroughly.
2. Apply petroleum jelly around hairline and on ears.
3. Wearing plastic gloves, empty desired amount into plastic bowl( approx.
1/2 bottle for short hair, 3/4 bottle for long hair).
4. Apply evenly with tint brush, just enough to saturate hair. Do not apply
5. Comb thru hair thoroughly and leave in hair for approx. 15-30 minutes.
6. Rinse dye away from face, shampoo as usual.
Hair Dye Instructions for PUNKY COLOUR:
1. Shampoo hair & dry.
2. Use petroleum jelly or baby oil around hairline and on ears.
3. With gloves, apply dye evenly from roots to ends with tint brush.
4. Comb through.
5. Leave on hair approx. 15-30 minutes, then rinse out. Do not condition.
Hair Dye Instructions for Arcitc
Fox Hair Color:
Shampoo hair thoroughly. Do NOT use conditioner.
Rinse out shampoo completely and make sure hair is squeaky clean. Towel
dry hair, and then blow dry to remove excess water.
Apply protective cream or petroleum jelly around hair line and on ears
to prevent color from staining skin.
Wear protective gloves for application.
Empty desired amount into a bowl.
With the aid of a tint brush, apply color beginning from the root of the
hair and working it evenly through to the ends. Begin at the nape of the
neck and work upwards through the head and be sure to completely saturate
the hair shaft.
Comb color through the hair until it becomes frothy. This indicates that
it has been thoroughly absorbed.
Place a plastic cap over the hair and leave color on for 30 minutes or
longer. At normal room temperature, hair color will process fully in 30
minutes but will vary from person to person. Arctic Fox hair color will
NOT damage your hair if you choose to leave it on for longer period. We
recommend the use of an infra red heat lamp or blow dryer for deeper coloration
with longer lasting vibrant colors.
Rinse hair in cool water thoroughly, away from face until the water runs
clear. For the first rinse, do not rinse hair while showering! Best bet
is to rinse in the Kitchen sink with cold water. :)
To prevent color bleeding make sure hair is completely dry before sleeping.
In any case if you have stained your skin, remove the stain using the
Salon Professional Color Remover or apply toothpaste on stained skin,
rub gently using a toothbrush and watch the color disappear.
Hair Dye Instructions for SPARKS COLOR:
with clean, completely dry hair that is a very
light blonde. When necessary, lighten the hair using
Sparks Powder Lightener prior to applying color.
2. Section the hair into 4 sections for better control of
3. Apply the color evenly from the roots to the ends of
4. Process the color for 20 minutes at room temperature.
5. Rinse with cool water, shampoo lightly with Sparks
Color Care Sulfate-free Shampoo & Sparks Color
Care Protectiong Conditioner , style as desired.
1. Bleach hair first- hair color can last as long as 8 weeks on bleached
2. Shampooing, swimming and hair spray will all cause hair to fade faster.
3. Replenish you hair color by adding 2 tablespoons of hair color to your
normal hair conditioner. Comb through hair, let sit in hair for 3-5 minutes,
then rinse with warm water.
Getting it Out
1. Use of an alkaline shampoo will promote removal of color from hair.
2. A pre-packaged hot oil treatment may further accelerate the removal
of color: follow the manufacturer's instructions for application of oil.
To remove oil along with some color, first apply shampoo without adding
water. Add water gradually as you continue to shampoo until oil is completely
Getting Dye off your hands and skin, tub and tile
The best product we've found all around is Dawn dish washing liquid. On
the tub, tile, sink, pour directly on stain, let it stand a bit, then
add water and scrub. Wipe it off with paper towels. Repeat if necessary.
Try a small area to be sure it works first. You will see the Dawn change
to the color of the dye as it sucks it up! You can also pour on your hands
and scrub off with a nubby washcloth.
2 . Use rubbing alcohol on a cottonball or disposable cloth for your hands
if needed. Then, use soap and water (liquid soap or hand soap works better
than bar soap) and scrub with a washcloth.
1. When opening bleach powder, hold away from face.Do not use on skin, scalp,
or eyebrows. Do not use if scalp is irritated or broken.
2. If skin irritation occurs, flush with water. In case of eye contact or
ingestion, contact a physician immediately.
3. Wear gloves while using product.. Use a plastic bowl to mix bleach. NEVER
4. Do not shampoo hair before bleaching. Always use bleach mixture immediately
and discard any unused portion.
5. Wear an old towel or cape during application, as product may bleach clothing.
6. Do a strand test before application, only proceed if test was satisfactory.
7. Keep product away from direct sunlight or heat.
8. Keep away from children.
Instructions for MANIC PANIC:
1. Wearing enclosed gloves, open the bleach plastic bag. Avoid inhaling
2. Empty full contents of bleach powder into provided tub.
3. Gradually add the developer to the bleach powder in tub. Using the
brush, blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Sometimes it is not
necessary to use all contents of developer.
4. Apply immediately to dry unwashed hair. Using the provided brush, apply
evenly to hair you wish to bleach. All strands should be saturated, using
the brush or gloved fingers to spread the mixture evenly.
5. Cover with plastic cap.
6. Check strand every 10 minutes to evaluate lift.To do so, remove plastic
cap and wipe away mixture with a damp tissue. If hair has not reached
desired level, reapply mixture as before and continue processing. Here's
a chart for approx. timing:
to Dark Blonde
desired shade is reached, take off the cap and throw away. Shampoo hair
thoroughly. Rinse thoroughly and towel dry hair.
Bleach Instructions for SPECIAL EFFECTS:
1. Wearing enclosed gloves, pour approx. 1/2 bottle of peroxide in a plastic
bowl (DO NOT USE METAL BOWL).
2. Carefully open bleach packet and pour approx. 1/2 of bleach into bowl.
3. Use tint brush to mix until smooth and creamy.
4. Add remainder of peroxide and bleach powder and mix until smooth and
5. Apply immediately to dry unwashed hair.
6. Using the brush, apply bleach mixture evenly to hair you want to be
bleached. Make sure all hair strands are evenly saturated, but not dripping,
using brush or gloved fingers. You may mask hair you don't want to be
bleached by using a highlight cap or foil.
7. Once mixture has been completely applied to hair, begin timing development.
Check development of hair every 10 minutes to evaluate color. To do this,
take a few strands of hair and wipe away bleach with a damp paper towel,
spread apart strands of hair. If desired color has not been reached, reapply
bleach mixture to that area and continue processing.
8. Here's a chart for approx timing (time varies on natural hair color):
desired shade has been reached, rinse bleach out of hair, shampoo thoroughly
and condition. Dry hair.